The ARRI Doc Challenge 2018 has now closed for applications.
Directors UK and ARRI are pleased to announce a new scheme for factual filmmakers: The ARRI Doc Challenge.
Can you shoot and edit a three-minute short film in three days in February, to stand a chance of winning £3,000? Can you incorporate this year’ theme – Millennial – into your short doc?
If so, why not apply for the ARRI Doc Challenge? All you have to do is submit your idea on no more than one side of A4 to [email protected] by midnight 2 January 2018. Make sure it incorporates the Millennial theme!
ARRI will then provide a full AMIRA or ALEXA MINI camera package to each of the five or six selected finalists, along with all the necessary equipment. These crews will also meet members of the ARRI team, who will familiarize them with the camera kits prior to the shoot.
Don’t miss out on your chance to make some great short documentaries with amazing gear, and to be in with the chance of winning £3,000. Apply now — and good luck!
Notes to Entrants
- You must be a Full or Associate member of Directors UK to be eligible for selection.
- Shooting for all projects will take place between 8th February and 16th February 2018. Please ensure you are available for over these dates when applying.
- Please do not exceed one side of A4 in your application.
- Successful projects will be required to undertake a formal health and safety assessment of the shoot
- Successful projects will be required to contribute to Directors UK publicity in relation to the challenge
- The theme is: Millennial.
- The deadline for applications is midday (BST) 2 January 2018.
- One-page submissions should be sent directly to [email protected] with the subject line ‘ARRI Doc Challenge’
- The Board of Directors UK will review the submissions, and invite five finalists to the competition.
- ARRI will provide an AMIRA or ALEXA MINI shooting package (the shooting kit will be based on a full camera package, 3 lenses, tripod, batteries, with more details to follow).
- The chosen filmmakers will have three days to shoot and edit their short.
- The deadline to provide the finished shorts (picture and sound) is midday three days after picking up the kit. With the deadline for the final film being on 16th February 2018
- All five shorts will be screened in the first week of September.
- The winner will be chosen by the Directors UK panel of experts
- The winning short(s) will be awarded £3,000 cash
- The two runner-ups will be awarded a place at the ARRI Lighting Academy in London (a 3-day lighting course)