Agreement between user and www.directors.uk.com
This website, including any content, forums, software or information contained within the website and any website-related service (collectively, the "Website"), is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the following terms, conditions and notices ("Terms and Conditions"). Your use of the Website constitutes your agreement to all such Terms and Conditions.
"User Content" means material (including without limitation text, images, clips, videos, comments, posts and any underlying material) uploaded, shared or submitted to our Website by any user.
Whenever you upload User Content to our Website, or to make contact with other users of our Website, you must comply with the rules of Acceptable Use, set out below. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those rules and standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
You shall remain the owner of the copyright in any original User Content that you upload, share or submit using our site. The permission you grant to us below is not exclusive. You may continue to use your own User Content in any way, including allowing others to use or exploit it, provided that such use does not interfere with or impair the rights you have granted to us in these Terms and Conditions.
When you upload, share or submit User Content using our Website you shall be making your User Content available to the members of DIRECTORS UK. Please do not upload your User Content if you do not want it to be available to other members.You warrant to us that:
- the User Content your upload, share or submit is your own original work and you own the entire right, title and interest in and to the User Content and/or you have all necessary licences, rights, consents and permissions to use, and to authorise us to use the User Content in the manner contemplated by these Terms and Conditions;
- any User Content you upload, share or submit using our Website complies with the rules of Acceptable Use set out below; and
- Your User Content (in whole or in part) does not defame third parties or infringe upon the copyright or other intellectual property rights, or rights of privacy of any third parties.
- Comments, message boards, personal profiles and any discussion forums or pages of our Website where you are capable of posting material are provided for your private and non-commercial use and for the exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions and comment. Use of our Website that is inconsistent with those stated purposes is strictly prohibited.
Acceptable use of forums and website
Your use of these forums and our Website generally is subject to the following rules which, by your use of the forums and the Website, you are deemed to accept (and which amount to a non-exhaustive list of prohibited acts):You must not:
- use obscene or offensive language or post obscene or offensive User Content;
- upload, share or submit any User Content which is defamatory, abusive, discriminatory or hateful or which applauds, encourages or entices abuse, discrimination or hate;
- use our Website for any illegal or unlawful purpose. You must comply with these Terms and Conditions and House Rules at all times and with all applicable laws and regulations;
- upload, share or submit any User Content on our Website which has been disclosed to you in confidence or which, by its nature, is confidential;
- upload, share or submit any User Content on the Website (including contact details, last names, telephone numbers, street addresses or other identifying information of private individuals or public figures) which compromises the privacy or security of anyone other than yourself;
- upload, share or submit any User Content which may encourage criminal conduct or which may give rise to civil liability, or which is otherwise unlawful;
- upload, share or submit User Content belonging to any person (or any material where the rights belong to any person) other than yourself without the prior written consent of the owner of it;
- place any links on our site where those links take users to unlawful material or material that otherwise contravenes these rules of Acceptable Use;
- impersonate another person or create a false or misleading identity for the purpose of misleading others as to your identity, or to collect information about other users;
- upload, share or submit User Content containing any spy ware, adware, viruses, corrupt files, worm programmes or other malicious code designed to interrupt, damage or limit the functionality of or disrupt any software, hardware, telecommunications, networks, servers or other equipment, Trojan horse or any other material designed to damage, interfere with, wrongly intercept or expropriate any data or personal information;
- alter, adapt, modify, copy or create a derivative work from the Content; or
- upload, share or submit any User Content that authorises, enables or encourages the dissemination of junk mail or chain letters.
DUK accepts no responsibility for any statements, material (including User Content) or other submissions placed on our online forums by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage resulting from your breach of these rules of Acceptable Use.
Disclaimers and limitation of liability
The majority of content posted in Website forums and communities is created by members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of DIRECTORS UK. Neither DIRECTORS UK nor its group companies are responsible for any content posted by members of the public on the Websites or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through the Websites. Any links to third party websites from the Websites do not amount to any endorsement of that site by DIRECTORS UK or its group companies and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
Website content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to DIRECTORS UK its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis. To the extent permitted by law, DIRECTORS UK excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
DIRECTORS UK does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by DIRECTORS UK is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of DIRECTORS UK for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
The content of the Advice Center of this website is for general guidance only and should not be regarded as constituting legal or business advice or opinion. Legal and business advice should be sought and taken in relation to the specific circumstances of each case and nothing appearing on this site is intended to be a substitute for obtaining specific legal and/or business advice from a competent professional.
Nothing in these terms limits or excludes DIRECTORS UK's liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, DIRECTORS UK and/or shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Websites regardless of the form of action.
DIRECTORS UK does not warrant that functions available on the Websites will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Websites or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output
Modification of these terms and conditions
Directors UK may, in its sole discretion, modify these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice to you. Your continued use of the Website after modification of these Terms and Conditions constitutes your acceptance of those modifications.
Copyright © DIRECTORS UK (or its licensors) 2014
The information, data, graphics, pictures, logos, brand features and other content provided on this Site, and all rights in the same, are owned by DIRECTORS and, save as expressly permitted by the Terms and Conditions (to which you should also refer) or applicable law may not be accessed, used, downloaded, transmitted, copied, stored (in any medium), modified, etc, without the prior consent of DIRECTORS UK