Directors UK is both a collecting society, which administers authorial rights payments on behalf of British film and television directors, and a campaigning body seeking to protect and enhance the creative, economic and contractual rights of directors in the UK. Directors UK is also a members’ organisation offering a number of services including an interactive website and a growing programme of events and activities.
Directors UK is a small but busy organisation. There are currently thirty members of staff.
The duties of the Royalties Assistant will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Monitoring transmissions of British works on British channels from off-air recordings
- Preparing claims to foreign collecting societies
- Allocating payments received from UK broadcasters and foreign collecting societies and arranging distribution to Directors UK members
- Registering members’ work on the Directors UK database and international databases
- Undertaking research as and when required on individual directors and works
- General office duties
We are looking for someone with these qualities:
- An eye for detail
- Competent with Excel
- Well-organised and flexible in your approach to your work
- Able to work to deadlines and cope with periodic increases in workload
- A team player
- Good customer service skills
Terms of employment:
Salary: £19,400 PA
Hours: 9.30am - 5.30pm
Holidays: 25 days per year (plus all public and bank holidays)
Application procedure: Please send a covering letter with a full CV by email to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: Saturday 5 May 2018.
The appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of a three-month probationary period.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.