Royalty Supervisor - Maternity Cover
Directors UK is both a collecting society, which administers authorial rights payments on behalf of British film and television directors, and a campaigning body seeking to protect and enhance the creative, economic and contractual rights of directors in the UK. Directors UK is also a members’ organisation offering a number of services including an interactive website and a growing programme of events and activities.
Directors UK is a small but busy organisation. There are currently over twenty members of staff.
We are looking for a full-time Royalty Supervisor to cover a fixed term maternity leave.
Applicants should have experience working for a Collective Management Organisation or organisation distributing rights payments and/or royalties. They should also have an eye for detail and good customer service and relationship management skills.
They will also be:
- Able to work to deadlines and cope with periodic increases in workload
- A team player
- Highly organised and demonstrate some experience supervising others
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analysing and preparing distribution reports for processing and ensuring compliance with the company distribution rules.
- Supervising and overseeing the Royalty Assistants on a day-to-day basis.
- Allocating payments received from UK broadcasters and foreign collecting societies and arranging distribution to Directors UK members and right-holders.
- Processing payments under the Directors UK Distribution Schemes.
- Collect reporting due under the UK Rights Agreement.
- Dealing with member’s queries including those regarding payments, VAT or credits.
- Ensuring that the work of the distribution team is accurate, efficient and meets target deadlines.
- General office duties
Terms of employment:
Salary: £30,000 pa
Hours: 9.30am - 5.30pm
Holidays: 25 days per year (plus all public and bank holidays)
Application procedure: Please send a covering letter with a full CV by e-mail to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 7 April 2017
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.