Business Administration Assistant
Directors UK is the professional association for film and television directors and the collective management organisation, collecting and distributing royalties to such directors in the UK. We provide a range of services to our members including campaigning and lobbying, commercial negotiations, legal advice, events, trade discounts, skills and career development.
Purpose of the role:
Administrative support to the Legal, HR and Office team. We are looking for a key player who is a self-starter, discreet, well organised, and has great verbal and written skills to bring to this new and exciting evolving role. This role would suit someone who is looking to get back into or gain experience in the media industry.
Key relationships/Reporting to:
Head of Legal Affairs and Executive Assistant to CEO / HR & Office Manager.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Keeping track of and follow up on maintenance, health and safety matters in the office
- Assistance on HR policies, onboarding, offboarding etc.
- Assistance on project managing any office reconfigurations/moves
- Assisting the legal team with various legal projects concerning the company and the members
- Proof reading and general reviewing of industry media and employment contracts including director agreements, option, production agreements and general office service agreement and insurance documents.
- Helping with our estates and probate work in tracking down heirs of directors
- Negotiating, reviewing and renewing standard agreements for, Insurances, leases and maintenance renewals
- Assisting the both departments in undertaking research as and when required on projects
- Maintaining/creating filing and e-filling systems
- Looking after Office supply stock levels, stationary etc.
- Flexibility to be able to work effectively in a changing environment.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the role.
Applicants should have the following qualities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Friendly, positive and team-driven approach with a ‘can do’ attitude
- High degree of discretion, an awareness of handling confidential data (including some knowledge of GDPR)
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Comfortable responding to deadlines
- Ability to support and report back when covering absences for the Legal and HR Department
Desirable Skills and Experience
Applicants who also have some of the skills set out below would be particularly welcome:
- Knowledge of the work of Collective Management Organisations and royalties
- Background/knowledge/interest in Law (including Employment and IP law) and/or HR
- Working knowledge of business affairs and entertainment industries
- We use BreatheHR software, so it would be useful if you have a knowledge of it; if not training will be provided
Terms of employment
Reporting to: Head of Legal Affairs and Executive Assistant / HR & Office Manager
Salary: £27,000 FTE
Hours: 9.30am - 5.30pm
Work Days: Part-time. We will consider either a 3- or 4-day week
Location: London, Stukeley Street office
Permanent: Permanent employment subject to a probationary period.
Directors UK is an equal opportunities employer; we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Holidays: 25 days per year (plus all public and bank holidays) pro rata
- Company Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
This appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of a probationary period.
To apply please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- a personal statement as to why you consider yourself suited to this role (maximum 250 words) and
- a CV
Applications closing date: Tuesday 20th August 12:00 Midday 2019
Interviews are due to take place Wednesday 28th and Thursday 29th August at the Directors UK Offices.
Please note that only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Candidate Privacy Notice