Published on: 13 August 2019 in Events
Challenge TRINITY 2019 — terms and conditions
Reading time: 3 minutes and 23 seconds
• By entering the competition, entrants together with any other member of the public involved (all such persons being referred to as ‘Challenge TRINITY Participant’) hereby agree to be bound by these rules as amended from time to time.
• Your film locations, cast, music and sound effects should all have cleared the rights for your film, in perpetuity, worldwide.
• Successful projects must sign and return the usage / agreement form before committing to and/or confirming any details regarding their shoot.
• Shooting schedules must be signed-off by Directors UK and ARRI.
• Successful projects must respect the Challenge’s term and conditions and must not request extra benefits.
• It is the responsibility of Challenge TRINITY winners and participants to keep themselves informed as to any updates of these rules and acknowledge that any failure to comply with these rules could lead to their disqualification without reasons being given.
• ARRI and Directors UK, with respect to Challenge TRINITY Participant’s involvement in the creation of a short film or video (the “Film”) pursuant to the terms below.
• Amy-Jo Bryant (Directors UK) and Milan Krsljanin (ARRI) must be credited as Executive Producers.
• All films must include end of credits caption that will be supplied by DUK/ARRI in time for postproduction.
• Kate Priestman (ARRI) must be credited for BTS Footage.
• The judging panel shall be selected by Directors UK Members Services team.
• The decision of the Judges over every instance shall be final and unchallengeable. No correspondence will be entered, or comment issued on any matters concerning the challenge, and no reasons given for any decision made by the Judges.
• Proof of submission or of posting of a form will not constitute proof of delivery and no responsibility will be accepted for lost, corrupted, delayed or mislaid entries.
• There will be no cash or other alternative to the prize offered and prizes are not transferable.
• It is understood that Directors UK and ARRI reserve the right to screen or exhibit only those films/videos, which adhere to the “Rules of the Challenge.” Challenge TRINITY Participants hereby understands that he/she is responsible for all crew, cast, equipment, sets, locations, and other items necessary for participating in the competition, and all costs, expenses, damages and claims related thereto.
• Directors UK and ARRI are providing the event and the guidelines in which the Challenge TRINITY Participant is taking part; a screening opportunity for some of the completed work. The Challenge TRINITY Participant hereby affirms that he/she will secure all rights to images, sounds and music used in his/her project; and/or will secure talent and location releases.
• The Challenge TRINITY Participant hereby affirms that he/she will secure agreement from all cast and crew and hereby indemnifies, saves and holds harmless ARRI and Directors UK from any and all claims, costs, damages, expenses and liabilities arising from the creation, use or participation hereunder (including, but not limited to claims for negligence and other torts, unauthorised exhibition, discrimination, fraud, infringement and breach of contract) of Challenge TRINITY Participant’s film/video.
• The Challenge TRINITY Participant acknowledges that participation in the competition is without remuneration or compensation whatsoever.
• The Challenge TRINITY participant agree that the competition is for recreational purposes only and that there is no obligation on the part of ARRI and Directors UK to screen your film if it is not suitable for screening. These and all the rules are at the sole discretion of Directors UK and ARRI.
• All winners must complete their films and provide final copies to Directors UK and ARRI by the delivery deadline expressed.