DIRECTORS UK NAMED EXECUTIVE PARTNER OF SECOND ANNUAL MEDIA PRODUCTION SHOW
25 May 2017
Directors UK, the professional association for British screen directors, is delighted to be partnering with Media Business Insight (MBI) again this year to be an exclusive partner for The Media Production Show.
The Media Production Show (MPS) - taking place on Tuesday 13th and Wednesday 14th June 2017 - at Olympia London, is a unique event open to all working in the creative industries, across multiple genres of television, feature films, documentaries, commercials, music videos, corporate films and more.
Over the two day event, Directors UK will be hosting Directors Masterclass sessions on Directing Rig Shows, Directing High End Drama and Second Unit Directing.
Directing Rig Shows session takes place on Tuesday 13th June at 4pm, and includes Sophie Jones (24 Hours in A&E, The Undateables, The Tube), Paddy Wivell (Louis Theroux's African Hunting Holiday, Compulsion & Extremely British Muslims), John Douglas (Cutting Edge, 24 Hours in Police Custody & 24 Hours in A&E) and Stu Bernard (Spies, Our War & 24 Hours in A&E).
From Educating… to First Dates Rig shows have become a huge part of factual television. This session will examine the reason why rig shows have become so popular, the process of making a rig show and how it differs to other types of factual programme making, and its future?
Second Unit Directing session, by second unit director and stunt co-ordinator Lee Sherward (Wonder Woman, About Time, The 33 & Eastenders) will be sharing some of his most memorable work on Wednesday 14th June at 10.30am.
Lee Sherward has worked in the industry for over 30 years, directing the second unit, co-ordinating and performing in over 120 feature films. This session will explore how Lee has thrilled audiences worldwide with his breath-taking action sequences, the process of co-ordinating such high octane scenes and how to complete a sequence to the director’s liking.
Directing High End Drama panel, chaired by Bill Anderson (Dr. Who, Mr Selfridge & The Mill), will include Udayan Prasad (The Musketeers, The Tunnel & Silent Witness), Penny Woolcock (Ackley Bridge, Cutting Edge & Out of the Rubble) and Paul Andrew Williams (Broadchurch, The Eichmann Show & Murdered By My Boyfriend), takes place on Wednesday 14th June, at 2.30pm.
Big-budget dramas are big business and the high-end TV tax credit has seen a boom in the production of these shows in the UK over the past few years. In this session, the directors will discuss the role of the director on running high-end dramas, responsibilities, the contrast between High End and film, and much more.
Abigail Berry, Member Services and Events Manager at Directors UK said: “We are delighted to be involved with the Media Production Show again this year; as an exclusive partner, we have been able to ensure directors have a strong presence in the seminar programme targeting the screen industries. The Show also enables us to continue building and developing partnerships with key industry corporations, such as Media Business Insight (MBI), and the many exhibitors showing over the two days.”
Charlotte Wheeler, Media Production Show Event Director, said: “The response to last year’s Media Production Show proved there was a significant gap in the market for a UK-based event that brings together suppliers from across the production and post production space,” commented Charlotte Wheeler, Event Director, MBI. “Moving to Olympia this year has enabled us to expand our seminar programme and give the UK industry more space to showcase their products and services in the exhibition area. Production companies and the teams within them need a place to come where they can learn about new technology and services and also be inspired by the creativity and diverse environments that the industry has to offer.“
Back for the second year, the two-day event will feature key exhibitors and over 50 free-to-attend seminars, hosted by some of the best talent in the creative industry. Each offering insights into techniques, processes and their thoughts on the future of the creative sectors, including production, post production, VFX, colourists and content distribution, and more opportunities to meet and network with different exhibitors a range of products and services.
The Media Production Show is FREE to attend. Register today and join Directors UK and many others at this unmissable event at www.mediaproductionshow.com.
Additional information is available on the Directors UK website at www.directors.uk.com.
Notes to Editors:
· DIRECTORS UK is the single voice of British screen directors representing the creative, economic and contractual interests of over 6,000 members – the overwhelming majority of working film and television directors in the UK. Directors UK campaigns for the rights, working conditions and status of directors in the industry and works closely with fellow organisations in the UK, Europe and around the world to represent directors’ rights and concerns. It also promotes excellence in the craft of direction both nationally and internationally, and champions change to the current landscape to create an equal opportunity industry for all.
· The Media Business Insight (MBI) is a leading authority on the UK media industry, offering news, insight and events to TV, film and advertising professionals through a range of unique brands. MBI brands include ALF, BRAD, Broadcast, The Knowledge, KFTV, Production Intelligence, Screen International and shots.
· The Media Production Show brought to you by Media Business Insight (MBI), producers of leading multi-channel, subscription-based brands offering content and insight to the media industries. Launched in 2016, the inaugural show opened its doors to more than 4,900 visitors, 150 exhibitors & partners and 160 packed-out seminars across the two days. MPS has moved to Olympia this year to come back with more opportunities to meet and network with different exhibitors presenting their products and services that vary across pre-production, production, post and content distribution. The two-day event will feature key exhibitors and a high calibre free seminar programme with some of the biggest names in the industry sharing their valuable insight, knowledge, and creativity. MPS 2017 is the event showcasing talent and technology across the creative industries… and is not a show to be missed!
To learn more about our 2017 show at Olympia, head over to http://www.mediaproductionshow.com
· Further information can be found at www.directors.uk.com
· Directors UK Social Media handle: @directors_UK #DUKMPS17