DIRECTORS TAKE CENTRE STAGE AT MEDIA PRODUCTION SHOW
5 June 2018
Directors UK is delighted to be partnering with Media Business Insight (MBI) again this year for The Media Production Show in June.
The Media Production Show (MPS), taking place on Tuesday 12 and Wednesday 13 June 2018 at Olympia London, is a unique event open to all working in the creative industries, across multiple genres of television, feature films, documentaries, commercials, music videos, corporate films and more.
Directors UK will be hosting two sessions over the two-day event, The High-End TV Boom panel session and Filming National Theatre Live, a case study on directing live multi-camera events.
The High-End TV Boom panel includes directors, Philippa Lowthorpe (Swallows and Amazons, The Crown, Call The Midwife), James Strong (Broadchurch, Liar), Metin Hüseyin (Krypton, Fortitude) and J. Blakeson (Gunpowder, The 5th Wave) with host Laura Adams, Head of Member Services at Directors UK.
The panel will discuss their own experiences, main benefits and challenges of working in the big-budget drama industry, covering the drive of tax credits and a growing demand from broadcasters, the impact of global streaming services and changes in viewing habits.
The High-End TV Boom panel takes place in the Keynote Theatre, on 13 June, at 11.00am.
As part of the Filming National Theatre Live session, acclaimed multi-camera director Tim Van Someren (National Theatre Live, The BRITs, Golden Globes Red Carpet Live and BBC Proms) will showcase his work and experience on directing theatre Multi-camera for National Theatre Live.
Filming National Theatre Live will take place in the Black Magic Live Production Theatre on 13 June, at 3.15pm.
Amy-Jo Bryant, Events and Member Services Manager at Directors UK said: “Each year this event gets better and better, and we are delighted to be involved with the Media Production Show once again. We are working to ensure that directors continue to have a strong presence at such events, to network, learn and discover new developments and trends.
The Media Production Show is an annual event providing opportunities for those working in the creative industries to meet and network with different exhibitors presenting their products and services that vary across pre-production, production, post and content distribution. The two-day event features key exhibitors and free seminar programme with some of the biggest names in the industry sharing their valuable insight, knowledge, and creativity.
The Media Production Show is FREE to attend. Register today and join Directors UK and many others at this unmissable event atmediaproductionshow.com/register-attend
Additional information for Directors UK members is available at directors.uk.com/news/directors-uk-at-the-media-production-show-2018
** ENDS **
NOTES TO EDITORS:
ABOUT DIRECTORS UK
· Directors UK is the professional association of UK screen directors. It is a membership organisation representing the creative, economic and contractual interests of over 6,500 members - the majority of working TV and film directors in the UK. Directors UK collects and distributes royalty payments and provides a range of services to members including campaigning, commercial negotiations, legal advice, events, training and career development. Directors UK works closely with fellow organisations around the world to represent directors’ rights and concerns, promotes excellence in the craft of direction and champions change to the current landscape to create an equal opportunity industry for all.
· Further information and a copy of the new contract terms can be found at www.directors.uk.com
· To become a member of Directors UK for access to training, benefits and discounts, please visit www.directors.uk.com/join or contact us directly at [email protected]
· Directors UK Social Media handle: @Directors_UK #DUKMPS18
· The Media Business Insight (MBI) is a leading authority on the UK media industry, offering news, insight and events to TV, film and advertising professionals through a range of unique brands. MBI brands include ALF, BRAD, Broadcast, The Knowledge, KFTV, Production Intelligence, Screen International and shots.
· The Media Production Show brought to you by Media Business Insight (MBI), producers of leading multi-channel, subscription-based brands offering content and insight to the media industries. Launched in 2016, the inaugural show opened its doors to more than 4,900 visitors, 150 exhibitors & partners and 160 packed-out seminars across the two days. MPS has moved to Olympia this year to come back with more opportunities to meet and network with different exhibitors presenting their products and services that vary across pre-production, production, post and content distribution. The two-day event will feature key exhibitors and a high calibre free seminar programme with some of the biggest names in the industry sharing their valuable insight, knowledge, and creativity. MPS 2017 is the event showcasing talent and technology across the creative industries… and is not a show to be missed!
· To learn more about our 2018 show at Olympia, head over to http://www.mediaproductionshow.com